Pages

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Going Cruelty free

Going Cruelty free in your makeup or skincare can be challenging at first. I remember when I first started to phase out my regular brands in favour for cruelty free brands – It was hard. Sometimes I found that the new products I used were not as good as the older ones. But I kept looking, trying out new products all the time. To start phasing out your products, I’d suggest trying a range of different alternatives – It may take a few goes before you find an new cruelty free mascara or lip gloss you love.

The other thing I’d suggest is to do the phasing out bit slowly. You don’t have to chuck out all of your beauty products straight away. Keep using them until you’ve finished them up, and then find cruelty free alternatives.  One way to find alternatives is to search online for cruelty free cosmetics. There are many companies online that can ship right to your door. Many of the brands I review sell skincare ranges, as well as makeup ranges which can be a good starting point. In Australia, many health food stores and pricelines have good cruelty free brands and ranges.
All in all, have fun trying out different products!

No comments:

Post a Comment